PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Quieting My Heart / Weekend Readings

It has been SEVEN years now since I started writing here on Pursuing Heart. You can read more about the birth of this blog, and my celebrating seven years by clicking here.

And though I love to continue writing posts here, I also love to share devotional thoughts from my journal, and from my heart - on Instagram. As I pause in the midst of my busy days, and quiet my heart, I am so often deeply moved and encouraged by the Truth from His Words. My thoughts spill out onto my journal pages, as I respond to what I read.  The beauty often takes my breath away ... the beauty of His Word, put together with one of the many photos that I have taken over the past years (and occasionally, a free photo available online).

I thought it would be fun to share some of these thoughts that have been so meaningful to me as I have quieted my heart, and listened to God's Words - all taken from what I have shared on Instagram recently. I pray that His Words will bring rest, and beauty to your weekend ...





Everyday, we can talk with Him

about everything.
Maybe our most successful days
are when we do just that ...

"I am calling you to a life
of constant communion with Me.
Remember that your ultimate goal
is not to control or fix
everything around you;
it is to keep communing with Me."
(Jesus Calling)

"Never stop praying."
(I Thess. 5:17)


(Photo from Unsplash)





Have you ever noticed

that a garden grows so quietly?
Not a sound as the seeds
begin to send out roots
and as the first growth
pushes up through the soil.

Maybe if we quiet our hearts
and our souls and our minds, 
we will discover new life.
Without a sound,
a steady growth, a gentle peace.

"Let all that I am
wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in Him."
(Psalm 62:5)

"I meet you in the stillness of your soul.
It is there that I seek to commune with you."
(Jesus Calling)





At the end of a busy week

after all that we've done ...
did we make a difference,
did we have the strength?

"In quietness
and confidence
is your strength."
(from Isaiah 30:15)

Wishing you a weekend
of gentle reminders
to quiet our hearts
before God ...
and He will make
the difference,
and He will
give us strength.






"Oh, how great are God's riches 

and wisdom and knowledge!
How impossible it is for us to understand 
His decisions and His ways!

For everything comes from Him
and exists by His power
and is intended for His glory.
All glory to Him forever! Amen."
(Romans 11:33, 36 NLT)

Who are we to even dare to think
that we are the ones who are
writing the story of our lives?
He is in charge; and we are not.
And His ways are best -
full of wisdom, riches,
and knowledge of Him.

Pausing and remembering
the stories of those
who have gone before us;
those who gave their lives
to secure our freedoms; 
and those close to us
who were part of 
our own stories -
my mother, my parents-in-law,
my sister-in-law,
and many others.





It's so easy

to go through life
and think that
we are the ones
who can accomplish
what we most desire.

When all along,
it is our Maker
who can accomplish
even more, beyond 
what we can even
imagine.

"Now all glory to God, who is able
through His mighty power at work within us,
to accomplish infinitely more
than we might ask or think."
(Ephesians 3:20)


(Photo from Pexels)

No comments:

Post a Comment