PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, June 30, 2017

Quieting My Heart: Choose Joy



It's so easy to miss the beauty,
to look for it in all the wrong places.
When all along it is
 right there, in plain view.

But sometimes, everyday -
we need to purposely make a choice, 
the right choice.

"Joy does not simply happen to us.
We have to choose joy
and keep choosing it
every day."
(Henri Nouwen)

Where do you and I look for
this greatest prize - this joy?
We can try everything,
but there is only one true source,
never-changing, always near.

"You make known to me
the path of life;
in Your presence there is
fullness of joy;
at Your right hand are
pleasures forevermore."
(Psalm 16:11 ESV)

Everyday,
choose Him;
His life-giving Words,
His grace, His mercy,
the warmth of His love;
unending gifts here on earth,
and forever, with Him.


Thoughts from my journal while reading through
Whispers of Rest (Day 8) by Bonnie Gray.

Photo credit: Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment