PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Apple Pie



Served with ice-cream, Apple Pie is surely an All-American dessert, which makes it extra fun to serve during the summer, and especially around the 4th of July! I've had this recipe in my drafts for a year or two and now is the time to post it, just in time for the 4th; adding it to my collection of family recipes here on my blog. Fruit pies (or any kind of pies) always remind me of my dear mother ... she was an expert pie maker!

Print Recipe

Apple Pie


Course: Desserts
Serves: 8

Ingredients

  • 8 cups tart apples peeled, and thinly sliced
  • 34 cup fructose (or sugar)
  • 3 Tbsp. unbleached flour
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • dash nutmeg
  • dash salt
  • 3 Tbsp. butter
  • Pastry for 2-crust pie

Directions

  1. Prepare apples; place in a large bowl and toss with fructose, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
  2. Put in pastry shell and dot with butter.
  3. Adjust top crust, allowing slits for steam to escape; seal and flute.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for about 45-50 minutes or until done.
  5. Allow to stand at least 1 hour before cutting.

Powered by
Plan To Eat







Click here for my favorite crust recipe, which I make into a mix for the freezer, to use as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment