PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Quiet Moments


Quiet Moments with God can take place anywhere ~ as we're driving, waiting in the doctor's office, in an instant when we connect during the day, and also during intentional, focused, set-apart times.

So thankful for a "corner room" in our home, where I have a place for intentional, focused quiet moments. It hasn't always been this way for me. My quiet moments were found amidst a busy, full home with six children overflowing all the bedrooms in our home. (Those were wonderful days!) And now that they are grown and on their own, I actually have a room now that is set aside for quiet, and for scrapbooking, etc.

But wherever we find ourselves, in whatever season of life we are in ~ we can make time, whether it is for a minute or two, or for an hour or more. This essential connecting with our Maker, the One who has all we need.

This daily time of connecting and of listening will draw us from a distant relationship with God, to a trusting, close relationship. And not only will we ourselves be filled with joy and peace, but those around us will be blessed by this choice that we make.

And so many choices of what these Quiet Moments will look like. They may be filled with worship songs as we drive to work - or the reading of great devotional books like Jesus Calling, or My Utmost for His Highest (I love both of those devotionals, and read them often) - and, also, they will be filled with His Words, recorded for us in the Bible (how absolutely amazing that we are blessed with His Words in written form).

And sometimes God calls us to give concentrated time to focus intentionally on His Words, to read the Bible through from cover to cover in a specific time frame.

Click here to read about a concentrated "90-Day Reading Plan" which a group of women are starting out on this Memorial Day and continuing on with through Labor Day. Reading all of His Words, receiving an overview of all, and filling our minds with His Words this summer. (Click here for a bookmark with the scheduled readings, and here for some helpful tips.)

Even though I am already up to the book of Numbers in my own reading-through-the-Bible, I may adapt this plan, and use it to continue on through the summer, possibly completing my reading-through-the-Bible by Labor Day.

(Sharing these thoughts in case you may be interested in this summer plan, as well.)

Linking up with Denise at Life in Bloom, and Faith Filled Friday












3 comments:

  1. first visit to our friendship friend
    very happy to see this blog, posting a very nice, cool, full benefits,
    view all pictures are beautiful and interesting, all very pretty
    I am from Indonesia, but I like this blog and will continue to follow #81#
    I feel happy when you receive it and follow the re-introduction as I am to this blog
    thank you
    regards fisheries extension workers from Indonesia


    http://penyuluhpi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your spot for quiet time with God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pondering starting that Bible in 90 days soon too. Reading this is yet another flag for me to go ahead and do it! Thank you for reminding me that there are different seasons in life. So often I get so caught up in what TODAY is like and need reminding that it won't always be like this.
    I like your quiet spot. The bright fresh colors are so joyful!
    Love your header too, what a gorgeous photo!
    Thank you for your sweet encouraging words you left on my blog today. :-)

    ReplyDelete