PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

English Pea Salad

Salads are so wonderful all year-round, and especially during spring and summer. This English Pea Salad recipe has been in my collection for many years. Over 30 years ago we were invited for dinner by some friends of ours, and Jeanette made this delicious salad as part of the meal. She graciously shared the recipe with me, and I've made it many times since then.


English Pea Salad

Ingredients:
1 can English peas, drained
4 hard cooked eggs
3/4 cup chopped cheese
1/2 cup chopped pickles (or you can use some sweet pickle relish instead)
1/2 cup chopped celery (optional)
1/2 cup mayonnaise

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients except mayonnaise in a medium bowl.
Lightly stir in the mayonnaise.

Serves 6

Linking up at Tasty Tuesday




2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious Cherry! Just yesterday I noticed two cans of peas that I should use up. I did a stovetop version of tuna,noodle,pea casserole that my boys ate up! I think they might like this salad too! Thanks for sharing.Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great flavor combo and so simple too!

    ReplyDelete