PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Source


Looking back ... and looking ahead. And reminded - to look at the Source.

This week marks the two year anniversary of Pursuing Heart, my online "home." We've come a long ways from it's birth - gaining more courage to share my heart in this public place - and learning much about the process of blogging. I started out with just text - no photos - and now, photos are a big part of this blog. I love to take the photos, and love to use them. And the format and decor of this online "home" have had some major changes, too - all for the better, I think.

But the thing of most significance has remained the same. As my husband and I spent some quiet hours (photo above) at beautiful, peaceful Walnut Grove Park yesterday (continuing to be so thankful for our Sabbatical/Time Off), I was reminded. That the Source of this blog remains the same. I was actually looking for maybe some new insight and direction as I enter the third year of blogging - and instead of new focus, I was reminded to keep the same focus.

Pursuing after God, and listening. And then from that listening - sharing in this place. This is what I was impressed with two years ago in this "empty nest" stage of life - to focus first of all on listening to, and following closely after God. In my own imperfect, broken way - seeking after Him, and then sharing from the overflow of what He so graciously fills us with.

Thanking Him for this two-year journey of blogging (so far) ~ and looking ahead to more! And thanking Him for the many gifts along the way ...

Friends who encouraged me to open up an online place in May of 2010 ...
Affirmation and clear direction for it's focus in August of 2010 while my husband and I were vacationing in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains ...
Reminders, again - to keep this focus ...

Help along the way - learning from others in blogging ...
An increased love of photo-taking ...
Learning how to use Photoshop Elements - help with photos ...

Added direction to share things of the heart and of the home ...
The fun of posting recipes, digital scrapbooking, thoughts from a mother's heart ...
And from the joy of being "grama" ...

Unexpected blessings ...
Finding of kindred hearts, and so encouraged by them ...
Learning and growing from reading their blogs ...

And blessed beyond measure by "in real life" friends and family ...
Surprising me with their words of thanks ...
The blessings of following His direction to share my heart in this place ...

God's grace and mercy ...
Allowing us intimacy with Him, through Jesus ...
And giving us gifts that fill us to overflowing.

"Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God ... "
(Psalm 50:14a)

(Counting 1000 Gifts in 2012 #458-475)










And linking up with Life in Bloom


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your two year blogging anniversary.....I am so glad to have met you. I always come away from my visits with you encouraged and refreshed. Thank you for pointing us to the Father and showing us His beautiful creation through our pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogging birthday, Cherry. I look forward to year three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2nd anniversary!! What a wonderful blessing your blog has been to so many people, including me! I'm glad you don't plan on changing things, but to continue to carry your original theme! God is so good!!

    In His Lo♥e, Ann

    ReplyDelete