PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Saturday, May 26, 2012

My Only Hope


"Lord, remind me how brief my time on earth will be.
Remind me that my days are numbered -
how fleeting my life is."
(Psalm 39:4)


"You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand.
My entire lifetime is just a moment to you;
at best, each of us is but a breath."
(Psalm 39:5)


"And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
My only hope is in You."
(Psalm 39:7)

Remembering, this Memorial Day weekend - my dear mother, my father-in-law, and mother-in-law, and two grandbabies who are with Jesus - and other relatives and friends, as well.

(Photos taken at the beautiful cemetery on a hill overlooking our small town - a favorite spot of ours for peace and quiet moments - and where we went to view the solar eclipse on May 20, during which these photos were taken.)


Linking with Gail at Bless and Be Blessed


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Cherry. I love the peace and calm of these photos with the Scriptures. Recently, while in a small town in Hungary, my husband and I walked through a cemetery. My parents are buried in a town where none of us live anymore, so I don't visit their graves, so it was interesting to look at the markers and wonder what kind of lives each person had lived. Memorial Day not only reminds us of those we love who have gone before us, but also reminds us how fleeting life is and how long eternity is. Thanks for sharing this on Bible Love Notes, and thanks so much for displaying the button so others can find the hop. I pray your are enjoying your R&R to its fullest. Bless you,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, it seems so peaceful here! I am reminded of the cemetery at Lourdes, France, where the gravestones were cracking as if in upheaval. Such a different atmosphere to what I see here. Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete