PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, February 27, 2012

Weakness Equals Strength

Photo Source

How often I bemoan my weaknesses and inadequacies, wishing they would just go away. And how often I resist problems and trials, and just want them to disappear. But these are the very things that make me run to Jesus. Over and over again.

"You need Me every moment.
Your awareness of your constant need for Me is your greatest strength ...
Your inadequacy presents you with a continual choice -
deep dependence on Me, or despair."
(Jesus Calling)

Instead of despairing of our weaknesses, and of our trials, we need to embrace them. Without problems and trials, without our frailties and inadequacies, we would be self-sufficient, and have no need of a Savior. But by being faced with problems beyond our control, with trials, with weaknesses, we are made aware of our need. And so, my need is what becomes my greatest strength. Drawing me to Jesus.

What was meant to harm me,
turns into a blessing.

"The source of anguish can morph into joy."
(Beth Moore, James-Mercy Triumphs)

"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way,
consider it an opportunity for great joy."
(James 1:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment