PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Delight

Photo Source

"Delight yourself in the Lord,
and He will give you the desires of your heart."
(Psalm 37:4)

One of my favorite verses - and one that grows more real to me with each passing year. It is in the delighting, and in the loving, in growing in intimacy with God, that we find all that we were created for. And from this has come even the title of this blog - pursuing God above all (and also all that He has for us as wives, moms, and gramas).

And along the way of this pursuing comes the reality of the irresistible magnet that pulls us to pursue.  That we have a God who delights in us. Who delights in me. This is beyond what we can even imagine. And I am captured by this love.

"For the Lord your God is living among you.
He is a mighty Savior.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
With His love, He will calm all your fears.
He will rejoice over you with joyful songs."
(Zephaniah 3:17)

(Writing for five minutes, along with others,  on the word "delight".)


3 comments:

  1. The same verse came to mind today. To think of Him delighting in me as well gives fills me with peace that transcends all understanding. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cherry! Thank you so much for visiting. It is a joy to meet new friends, and Grandma's have a special place in my heart. We have seven perfectly wonderful "grands" and are enjoying this season of life tremendously.
    It is so neat that we both used the same verse. Some of those verses from the minor prophets just speak so sweetly and powerfully to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi friend...passing by to invite you im hosting a tuesday bloghop...hope you join...if you feel to...your welcome...loves soraya

    ReplyDelete