PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Four Loaves, Hamburger Buns, and Dinner Rolls


A special treat last Tuesday - sweet daughter Carrie came over with 3 year-old Cruz for a Bread-Making Day! Thanks to my Bosch machine (which I inherited from my mother), and a great recipe from Shelley's Breads, our home was filled with the wonderful aroma of freshly baked bread. I love Shelley's Honey Whole Wheat Bread recipe, which makes dough for six loaves at a time (or some portions can be used for rolls).

In just three hours we had made four loaves of bread, eight hamburger buns, and a pan of dinner rolls. All for our daughter to take home, as she is stocking up her freezer, preparing for the birth of her baby (and our tenth grandchild!).


Later in the afternoon, while Carrie went in for a doctor's appointment, and while Cruz was napping, I made up another big batch of dough with the help of the Bosch machine - this time for my own freezer. I have neglected to make bread for awhile, so it is wonderful to have four fresh loaves (some for the freezer), hamburger buns (my husband's favorite for sandwiches as well as for hamburgers), and some dinner rolls that we'll use tomorrow when the family comes home for a meal.


Thankful for the blessings of freshly made bread, and thankful for the time spent with Carrie and Cruz!

2 comments:

  1. All that bread looks yummy.....makes the think of the Scriptures where Jesus multiplied the loaves and the fish.....He always gives abundantly....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for letting me make bread with you, Mom! I had a great time...and so did Cruz. And we are really enjoying the bread. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete