PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Freezer Meal Day


So blessed to have three of our four daughters living close by, and last Saturday we had another Freezer Meal Day together! What a fun and productive time we had! And also made possible by my dear husband, "Grampa", who helped with the grandkids while we worked in the kitchen for about 6-7 hours.


We had picked out seven recipes, most of them from the Taste of Home Freezer Pleaser Cookbook, and one from The Occasional Cook. And we multiplied each recipe to make enough for each of our homes, plus we also made enough for our two sons, both in their twenties, single, and living on their own. These are the recipes we used:

Spaghetti Ham Bake
Meaty Pasta Casserole
Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops
Meat Loaf Miniatures
Oriental Chicken
Freezer Mashed Potatoes
Time-to-Spare Spuds


I printed off some charts ahead of time from Jessica's Life as Mom blog. The charts were a great help in organizing the steps of preparation. Click here to access them on her blog.






This photo was taken at the end of our hours of food prep in the kitchen! Of course, there were plenty of breaks to help care for little ones, and to get them down for their naps, etc. Never a dull moment with two two-year-olds, a three year-old, and a four-year-old in the house while we prepared about 45 packaged meals for the freezer!


Such a beautiful sight - homemade meals for the freezer! Especially helpful for Carrie, as she is expecting her second child next month!

I consider it such a privilege and joy to be able to do this together with three of my daughters. (I loved spending this time together with you, Amy, Sara, and Carrie. And we missed you, Cristy, and wish you could have been here, too.)

Linking up with Delightfully Inspiring Thursday, Comfy in the Kitchen, I'm Lovin' It






















4 comments:

  1. That is inspiring! At first I thought, "I hope my daughters and I do that someday." Then, I realized with their ages I could consider doing it once a month now for our family. Thanks for the vision of possibility. I love how you all prepared food for your sons as well.

    (Actually, I think my sister-in-law reads your blog too. Maybe we should do this together with our daughters:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughters are adorable, like their mama. What a fun and productive way to spend time together.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty girls you all are. So sweet to spend fun quality time together. Thanks so much for popping over and your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete