PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

To My Valentine


To My Valentine ~

Forty-two years ago in Valentine month, we had our first date ... and a year and a half later we were married on August 14. And since then, every Valentines Day has marked our half-year anniversary - this year marking 40 1/2 years.

My most precious gift from God ~ your love. A picture of His love. Never-changing, always true. Encouraging me to be me, giving me room to follow my passions and dreams. Giving me the priceless privilege of being mother to six, and grama to nine (very soon, ten.)

Sharing the deepest things of the heart, bound together by God's love, with common vision and purpose. Walking together, growing together, forgiving each other repeatedly, still going on weekly dates together, preferring time with each other over any other.

Still in love with you, more in love with you, and so happy living in this "empty nest" with you.

Happy Valentine's Day!
I love you,
your bride

(Card in photo above - made from a Valentine I found in an envelope of valentines with my mother's childhood things, from the late 1920's or early 1930's. Memories of my mother, and also of her 62 years with Dad. How he misses her ... )


1 comment:

  1. That is sweet and wonderful. Our anniversary is August 7th, which we share with my in-laws. They've been married many years more, of course:)

    ReplyDelete