PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ask


When in need of wisdom, ask. It's as simple as that. But how often we miss the obvious.

"If you need wisdom, ask our generous God,
 and He will give it to you. 
He will not rebuke you for asking."
 (James 1:5)

Keep asking, over and over again. Why? He already knows what we need. But He tells us to ask; He wants us to ask.

"The King of the universe wants a real, live relationship with us. ... 
He wants us - frail mortal creatures - to connect with Him 
and communicate with Him as the dearest relationship in human existence. 
He rejoices to hear our voices. 
He delights to be our sole and holy source for all things in life."
 (Beth Moore, James: Mercy Triumphs)

The one condition to our asking -

"But when you ask Him, 
be sure that your faith is in God alone."
 (James 1:6a)


(Sharing some more nuggets that have grabbed my attention and my heart while going through Beth Moore's James: Mercy Triumphs study with a group of friends from church.)


Linking up with Sunday


2 comments:

  1. Ah... I started this same study last night. Invited a bunch of girlfriends over to enjoy the study with me. I'm looking forward to learning together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my faith in Him is my "normal" situation; but, when become intensely concerned about something, maybe my hugest sin is having my faith in me. [an "ouch" for everyone.]

    ReplyDelete