PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, December 31, 2010

A New Year's Eve Birthday

My last post of the year ... wishing Luke a very Happy 9th Birthday! Our two oldest grandsons (five grandsons altogether) share the same age number for about 2 1/2 months, and today Luke passed Levi, and is now 9 years old!

It was a treat to see Luke just this past weekend when his family was here from Texas for our Family Christmas. He is always full of life and fun, and couldn't get enough of our Nebraska snow ... he had to take another bite of the cold snow right before they left last Sunday! Here is the front of the birthday card I made for him, and sent to him down there in warmer Texas ...


The close of another year ... so much to remember and treasure. I'm thankful for photos (like the one of Luke, above!), journals, scrapbooks, blog places, and hearts to help hold the memories of another year gone by. 

This was the year that I listened to some gentle nudges as I was seeking God for His direction at this stage of life, and He prompted me to take from what I have learned (and continue to learn), and share my heart here in this blog place. It has been a joy-filled ride for me as I have followed ... and thanks to all who have encouraged me, including my sweet husband who has always told me I should write. 

And my thanks most of all to our faithful, never-changing, promise-keeping God ... for carrying us through this past year, and that we can face a New Year with peace, knowing that He is closely watching, and always loving and caring for His own.

"The Lord is righteous in everything He does; 
He is filled with kindness.
The Lord is close to all who call on Him, 
yes, to all who call on Him in truth." 
(Psalm 145:17-18)

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, mom! Thanks for the birthday wishes for Luke over the phone and on your blog. He is also really enjoying your gift. Love you, Cristy

    ReplyDelete