PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, March 28, 2011

Passing on Love

There is so much to learn from a little child, for they naturally respond to love, and they have so much to give in return ...


While on our recent trip to Dallas to visit our daughter and family, little Brianna (4 years old) carefully and lovingly colored this beautiful picture for me. She is the sweetest, and so full of love ... it just spills out from her. (As with all our grandkids ... they are all just the sweetest ever!)

And later that morning, Brianna invited me to a little tea party, set up in her bedroom. Who can resist the love of a little one? 


A child who is filled with love, will just naturally overflow with that love, spreading it to others. And in this needy, lonely world ... who can resist love, overflowing and spreading to those around us? 

"I turn my hand over, spread my fingers open. I receive grace. And through me, grace could flow on. Like a cycle of water in continuous movement, grace is meant to fall, a rain . . . again, again, again. I could share the grace, multiply the joy, extend the table of the feast, enlarge the paradise of His presence. I am blessed. I can bless. A life contemplating the blessings of Christ becomes a life acting the love of Christ." (One Thousand Gifts)

The blessing of passing on love, an unending cycle of grace, continually flowing, and continually blessing.

So many blessings God shares with us ... continuing the counting:

328 - the joy of praying for a friend who shared a need with me.

329 - God's Spirit within ~ Lord, please still my heart each day to hear Your promptings to pass on blessings to those in need of love.

330 - the blessing of having a hair stylist who I trust to know the best style for my needs.

331 - a conversation with a friend in a surprise meet-up in the dentist office.

332 - a wonderful time of connection and communication with a son home for supper.

333 - for my husband who always patiently listens to my needs.

334 - for white covering the ground again - even though I am so ready for spring, the snowfall was beautiful.

335 - for all Your promises, and this one ... "For I hold you by your right hand - I, the Lord your God. And I say to you, Don't be afraid. I am here to help you." (Isaiah 41:13)

336 - for some of the amazing things You have done in the past, even and especially through some hard times we have gone through ... all the glory goes to You alone.

337 - an awesome 4-hour prayer focus (CRY OUT) with some of our staff, volunteers, and student leaders - joining in with the prayers of other CRY OUT events across the nation.

338 - for the great, indescribable joy one year ago this past week when two of the sweetest little boys became our forever grandsons ~ a gift from You for our daughter and son-in-law, and made official by a court judge.

Lord, as we have received from You, so may we overflow, and pass on Your grace and love to others around us ... 


(One Thousand Gifts #328 - 338)



holy experience

3 comments:

  1. So sweet! My youngest asked for a birthday tea party, and I think I'm as excited as she is:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! and thanks for encouraging this mama's heart through your grandma heart...i can never get enough of this perspective and thank you for your sweet, simple thanks and for telling me about CRY OUT...how wonderful is this! we need this!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #334 - I was surprised by snow the other morning too! I'm ready for spring but I did enjoy seeing the snow, knowing it was probably (hopefully) the last one of the season!

    Nice to meet you, by the way! I'm visiting from Ann's. :)

    ReplyDelete