PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, October 1, 2012

October Thanks ~ Beautiful Autumn


My heart is overflowing with thankfulness today, this first day of October. I absolutely love this time of year with the changing colors of the season, the warm scents of fall candles burning, crisp apples ready for the picking, and the cooler days. And my birthday is tucked right into this beautiful time of year, during the last week of September. The very week when the change of seasons becomes quite noticeable.

"Open your mind and heart 
- your entire being -
to receive My Love in full measure ... "

The quote above, the reading in Jesus Calling for September 28 (my birthday), was a perfect description of what I sensed this past week. The beautiful autumn season - a gift from Him. Family and friends - gifts from Him. 

So much to be thankful for at this beautiful time of year.

the brilliant colors of fall
changing more each day
an artist's paradise
breath-taking beauty

fall decor out of boxes
so thankful for seasons
scents of pumpkin spice candles burning
apples ready for picking

blessed with four days of birthday
meal out at Cheddar's with my sweet hubby on Wed.
and the next day at Qdoba's with four of my six (grown) kids
filled with love for each one of our six

a day with three little grandkids on my actual birthday
beautiful weather, such happy kids
sweet daughter bringing pizza and birthday apple pie for supper
homecoming game with granddaughter as the sweetest kdg crown bearer

family fun (and birthday celebration) on Sunday
corn maze, hayride, and other activities at Skinny Bones
hot dog roast at a daughter & son-in-law's acreage
perfect weather, close connections, blessings beyond measure

phone calls from TX and CA
from my two that live far away
love that spans the distance
filled with thanks to God for His blessings of family & friends

(Counting 1000 Gifts in 2012 #795-819)

Linking up with:

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Cherry. Sounds like it was full and full of joy.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete