PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, January 10, 2011

Filling Up with Praise

Photo taken just this morning ...

A new week ... new opportunities to fill up the moments of our lives with thankfulness ...

"It is impossible to praise or thank Me too much. 
As it is written, I inhabit the praises of My people."
(Jesus Calling)

"When you thank Me for the many pleasures I provide, you affirm that I am God, from whom all blessings flow. When adversity strikes and you thank Me anyway, your trust in My sovereignty is a showpiece in invisible realms. Fill up the spare moments of your life with praise and thanksgiving. This joyous discipline will help you live in the intimacy of My Presence." (Jesus Calling)

"Be thankful in all circumstances,
 for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus."
 (I Thess. 5:18)

Things jotted down in my journal this past week (and a few added this morning) ... to be thankful for:

the fun of setting up a new planner for the year ...

having a son call us right after receiving some exciting news for him ...

peace from God about the news, even though it means he will be moving far away ...

comforting, warm soup on cold winter days ....

having the opportunity to connect with someone who I was desiring to learn to know better ...

our cozy family room, with wood stove going ...

talking with my husband about plans and ideas ...

some slower at-home days last week, with my husband home recovering from a cold/illness ...

re-organizing to make room for things a son is storing here ...

finally getting all the Christmas decorations put away ...

an evening with friends on Epiphany day, sharing, and much laughter ...

a beautiful snowfall, light snowflakes ...

a very kind neighbor who surprised us and snow-blowed our driveway this morning ...


(One Thousand Gifts #166-178)


holy experience

3 comments:

  1. I had just found my 'Jesus Calling' after our trip home and was going to quote the same part! Isn't it perfect:)

    Will your son be moving overseas?

    Praying for you and thankful for your prayers:) hugs, Abby:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. His gifts *blessings* come in all forms...don't they?

    Thank you for your encouragement and inspiration through your journal...

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. love reading your thankful list, mom!

    ReplyDelete