PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Closer Than We Think

How can it be that we can have God's Spirit living inside of us? Even though I know this truth, I can barely grasp the meaning of this, as it is too wonderful to even contain ... and now, as I am going through a study called Live a Praying Life, my heart is seeking to hold onto some deeper insight into what this means.

We know that God the Father, Jesus, and the Spirit, are One ... the Trinity, inseparable, perfect unity. One cannot be apart from the other. "God is One. He is not fragmented."

And to think on what this means as we have His Spirit living in us ... if the Spirit is One with God the Father, and God the Son?

Jesus says "... My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them." (John 14:23)

Do I really comprehend this? Do we live this truth? I want to grasp more and more how very close God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Spirit of God are to me.

In our times of need, in our everydays, in our moments of needing to hear from God ... we just need to pause and listen. "He is not speaking to us from a faraway place," says Jennifer Dean.

1 comment:

  1. also loved this...this is definitely something to think about and something in some ways that I feel but so good to have it backed up with truth..the Spirit in us...community...the Trinity in perfect community known in our hearts by the Spirit...so, so much to glean...thank you wise friend:):)

    ReplyDelete