PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, November 29, 2010

In Need

It seems that neediness is not a looked-up to characteristic in our day, but neediness is what I have learned to embrace and long for (and am still continuing to learn). It is what draws my heart to God. And as often happens, the places where we are the most needy are when we are in the midst of difficult situations, times that stretch our faith, hard times ... times when we find that our own strength is lacking.

I love how Sarah Young describes this in her book Jesus Calling as she refers to these hard times, "Through the aridity of those desert marches, I have drawn you closer and closer to Myself. You have discovered flowers of Peace blossoming in the most desolate places. You have learned to thank Me for hard times and difficult journeys, trusting that through them I accomplish My best work. You have realized that needing Me is the key to knowing Me intimately, which is the gift above all gifts."

"The Lord will guide you continually, 
giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring."
(Isaiah 58:11 NLT)

Thank You, Lord, for these words this morning, reminding me that it is okay, and it is even good, to be needy ... needy of Your strength, of Your love, of You. Everyday ... all day ... needy.

No comments:

Post a Comment