It is still grilling season, even though school has started up already! Here is a fun recipe that I came across a few years ago. We served it again one day when two six year-old grandsons were here this summer - they loved it! A meal all in one bundle!
Course: Main Course
- 1 large sweet onion sliced
- 1 each large green, red, and yellow peppers
- 4 medium potatoes cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 medium carrots cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small head cabbage sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds smoked Polish sausage cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup butter cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the first eight ingredients on three pieces of double-layered heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square).
- Top with sausage; dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 30 minutes (or less).
- Turn and grill 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. (NOTE: Total grill time has been as little as 30 minutes for me.)
- Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Yield: 6 servings.
Note: Can omit cabbage and tomatoes.
Instead of dividing up the ingredients onto three pieces of double-layered foil as the recipe suggests, I always make individual bundles for each person. It just makes it a bit more fun for each person to have their own little bundle.