Do you love easy, delicious, one-dish meals as I do? This Creamy Chicken Enchiladas recipe from Taste of Home is one that I have made often. I made it again a number of weeks ago, and was reminded of how very good it is.
It also freezes well, which is especially helpful for busy end-of-summer days and back-to-school days. Make up a recipe, and put part of it in the freezer for another day, as each recipe makes two 9x13 pans.
Course: Main Course
- 1 package Cream Cheese (8 oz) softened
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 cups cooked chicken diced
- 20 flour tortillas (6 inches) room temperature
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 ounces ea) undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream 16 ounces
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cans chopped green chilies 4 ounces each
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, water, onion powder, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in chicken.
- Place 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, milk and chilies; pour over enchiladas.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 10 servings.
You can add any toppings you wish for these creamy enchiladas ... I like to smother them with sour cream, salad greens, and tomatoes.
|A photo from three years ago ... dividing up the recipe into four 8x8 pans to put in the freezer.|
Linking up with Cheryl at I'm Lovin It.