PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, August 7, 2017

Quieting My Heart: Peace is a Person



I always love a calm life, 
even a routine is welcome,
free from stress and worry.

But the opposite is often reality,
for life is full of the unexpected,
filled with storms that suddenly blow in.

I've experienced these storms:
an accident that almost took 
my dear husband's life,
leukemia, a bone marrow transplant
for a sweet daughter,
the pain of watching children
make wrong choices, turn away
for seasons, and some for years,
a stroke, emergency appendectomy,
and even a kidney transplant
for a precious granddaughter.

And I still struggle, as the disciples did,
to trust when the storms come up.
But I know and I am reminded that
Peace is a Person -
and Peace will get into the boat
together with us - always,
but especially when the storm 
is threatening full force.

"You will keep in perfect peace
all who trust You,
all whose thoughts
are fixed on You."
(Isaiah 26:3)

"The only certainty we can hold onto
is the Person who will never leave us:
Jesus."
(Bonnie Gray)


- - - - - - - - - -

Added note: It is fitting that I am posting these words on this day ... it was exactly 20 years ago today that our daughter had her bone marrow transplant. And also, the day when another daughter sacrificially and willingly gave of her own bone marrow for her older sister. How we praise and thank God for His Presence and His Peace during those scary and difficult days, and for the precious gift He has given us of the healing that He brought!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to pause and remember some of the storms we have been through, but the wonder is that "peace that passes understanding" that only serves to deepen my confidence in the wonderful love of our Savior, Jesus Christ. I am so thankful that He is with us always! Love and prayers, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete