PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, August 11, 2017

Quieting My Heart: God with Us



From the beginning,
an amazing plan, 
an overwhelming desire;
for God - to be 
“with us”.

How can we comprehend,
how can we even imagine;
our Creator, our Savior,
desiring to be “with us”.

All through the ages,
in the Old Testament days; 
in the Garden, with the Tabernacle,
with the cloud and the fire,
He came close, so close.

And then with Jesus coming,
the greatest Gift of all ...
Immanuel - God with us.

And as we fix our gaze on Him,
surrendering our hearts, our lives,
accepting His sacrifice -
He makes His home in us,
close, within, “with us”.

“Immanuel our God is with us
And if God is with us, 
who could stand against us
Our God is with us
Immanuel.”
(Michael Card)

My loving Father and Lord -
I cannot fathom, 
I cannot even comprehend
this most precious of all gifts -
“God with us”.


(Photo: our apple tree blossoms 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment