PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Quieting My Heart: A Call to Pray



How many people do you know
who need Jesus? 
Who need His Love, His Peace?

Are some close in your families,
so very close to you,
as is the case for me -
and are some friends or neighbors?
And others, strangers
whom you have never even met,
but still, they are on your heart?

They are filling our thoughts and minds
for a purpose …
so that we can pray for them,
for no one can understand 
the things of true Wisdom and Life
without His Spirit to open their eyes.

“ … no one can know God’s thoughts
except God’s own Spirit …
It all sounds foolish to them
and they can’t understand it,
for only those who are spiritual 
can understand what the Spirit means.”
(from I Cor. 2:11, 14)

At the start of this new month …
a fresh call on my heart,
to pray -
to ask God to pour out 
His Spirit of understanding,
on those we love,
on those we are burdened for -
those who are close by, 
and those who are around the world.

- - - - - - -

(It is fitting for me to receive this fresh call to pray this week - it would have been my mother’s 98th birthday, today - she was a prayer warrior, and is still, in heaven. She told me about ten years ago, on a hospital bed, after a stroke - “I can’t do very much else, but I can still pray.”)

(Photo taken last month, while visiting a beautiful flower garden in Fort Collins, CO)

No comments:

Post a Comment