PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, July 14, 2017

Quieting My Heart: Stay Connected



A branch on its own
is quite useless
unless, of course,
it is connected to the
main stem, to the vine.

It's really quite impossible
for the leaves to form
and the fruit to grow
unless there is a connection.

Is not the same true for me?
How can I even expect
to produce lovely, tasty fruit
if I am not connected;
closely connected.

"Yes, I am the vine;
you are the branches.
Those who remain in Me,
and I in them,
will produce much fruit.
For apart from Me,
you can do nothing."
(John 15:5 NLT)

It's always been about
the connection, 
about the relationship - 
the reason Jesus died
and rose again for us.

Lord, may the cry of my heart
each morning, each day, be -
to walk in close connection
to You, my Vine,
my source of life
and all that I desire.



No comments:

Post a Comment