Salads are such a beautiful and yummy taste of summer! I'm always looking for new salad recipes to use in the summertime, and came across this recipe a few weeks ago, and have made it twice already. Bacon Pea Salad - perfect for a summer outdoor meal!
And when a salad recipe is an easy one to prepare, it is even better! This recipe requires no cooking of ingredients; just mix, refrigerate for 30 minutes, and enjoy! (I used fully-cooked bacon strips from Sam's, so didn't even need to fry the bacon - and I also used a bit more bacon than the recipe says.)
Click on the "Source" link below to print from the Taste of Home website.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 4 cups frozen peas (about 16 ounces) thawed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- Combine the first six ingredients; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes. Stir in bacon before serving.
- Yield: 6 servings.