PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, July 17, 2017

Quieting My Heart: The Small and the Ordinary



Why do we often find ourselves
thinking that bigger is better?
That if we can accomplish big things
that we will reach our goal?

When all along
it is in the ordinary days and moments
that the important is accomplished;
for in the ordinary is where
God is.

"It is ingrained in us that have to do
exceptional things for God -
but we do not.
We have to be exceptional 
in the ordinary things of life,
and holy on the ordinary streets,
among ordinary people ..."
(Oswald Chambers)

"Keep company with Me,
and you'll learn 
to live freely and lightly."
(Matthew 11:30 MSG)

Lord, help me to 
hold onto Your hand
in the moment,
right where I am -
listening, learning from You; 
walking with You;
serving and loving
those around me,
right where I am.

-------

(Thoughts from my journal as I was reading through parts of 
reading it again, as I needed to be reminded again ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment