PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, July 7, 2017

Quieting My Heart: Our Constant Source of Honor



When we're tempted
to look to others
or to our accomplishments
for our validation, our worth,
we often come up empty,
defeated, and alone.

But there is a 
constant, never-changing
source of affirmation ...

"My victory and honor
come from God alone.
He is my refuge, a rock
where no enemy can reach me.
O my people, trust in Him
at all times.
Pour out your heart
to Him,
for God is our refuge."
(Psalm 62:7-8)

"When you come to a 
fork in the road today -
between choosing the quiet
or filling up,
by performing, pleasing,
or disappearing - stop ...
Choose instead to be loved.
Let God love you.
Choose quiet love."

A quiet invitation,
each day ...
to pour out our
hearts to Him,
to hear His voice
of love.


(Photo: Cinque Terra, Italy - on our 40th Anniversary Trip 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment