PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, August 29, 2014

Summertime Tea


This sweet, refreshing tea was served at numerous gatherings at our home this past summer. I found it in one of my Taste of Home magazines the beginning of the summer, and made it multiple times. And I thought I would share it quick, before summer turns into fall, though it would be great to serve any time of year, I am sure! 


Print Recipe

Summertime Tea

Course: Beverages
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 15 Min
Serves: 18

Ingredients

  • 14 cups water divided
  • 6 individual black tea bags
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar
  • 3/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate thawed
  • 3/4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate thawed
  • Fresh mint leaves and lemon or lime slices, optional

Directions

  1. In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat; add tea bags. Cover and steep for 3-5 minutes. Discard tea bags.
  2. Stir in the sugar, concentrates and remaining water. Refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with mint and lemon if desired.
  3. Yield: 18 servings (3/4 cup each).

Powered by
Plan To Eat

NOTE: This recipe fits perfectly into my one-gallon pitcher. Also, I usually put in less sugar than it calls for, cutting it back to 1 cup - and may cut it back even a bit less next time. The amount you use all depends on how sweet you like your tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment