PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Quiet Moments

These words from the little book, Jesus Calling, were so refreshing to me this morning:

"Never take for granted My intimate nearness. Marvel at the wonder of My continual Presence with you. Even the most ardent human lover cannot be with you always. Nor can another person know the intimacies of your heart, mind, and spirit. I know everything about you - even to the number of hairs on your head."

Why do we struggle at times to find the time to spend quiet moments with God? Why do we so often miss out on having focused time together with the One who cares for us more deeply than anyone else, who knows and understands us more completely than we even know ourselves, and who loves us so perfectly?

Our search for love, our search for understanding, our search for everything we desire ... all are found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment