PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blessed with Bread

Yesterday our home was filled with the aroma of freshly baked bread! I continue to be so grateful for the Bosch machine that I inherited from my dear mother a few years ago. But sadly, my machine took a six month rest from making bread, as our spring and summer were filled with other things that kept me occupied.

What a treat to be able to make a recipe of six loaves of bread yesterday. This time of year just calls me to the kitchen ... and I just had to take photos, as it was such a treat to be able to make bread again.

My Whisper Mill grinds up the wheat grain ...

Freshly ground flour makes the best tasting bread!

The Bosch kneads dough for six loaves of bread at one time ...

The dough is set out to rise ...

Twenty minutes later!

Dividing the dough into six portions ...

Ready for the final rising ...

After rising for 30 minutes on the oven shelves, I turn the oven on ...

So thankful for my convection oven that will bake all six loaves at once!

Two and a half hours from when I started ... six loaves of delicious bread!

Bread is so basic; a staple for our diets. And there is nothing quite like the warm, comforting scent of bread filling a house. It makes sense that Jesus is compared to bread, a common food, so basic, and so essential.

"I am the bread of life.
Whoever comes to Me will never be hungry again.
Whoever believes in Me will never be thirsty."
John 6:35

1 comment:

  1. Oh this calls me to get some much needed baking done! I've made applesauce this week and have desired to get the bread done! Maybe we can squeeze that in tomorrow. I've got to try 6 loaves in my oven here. I had double ovens in my last home so 6 was never an issue - haven't braved it here in the single oven yet though! Your bread looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete