PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, January 28, 2013

Before Us and Behind Us

The view from our basement window this morning ...


































On sunny, clear days - and on foggy, cloudy days ... these words are true:

"O Lord, You have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up.
You  know my thoughts even when I'm far away.

You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.

You go before me and follow me.
You place Your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand."

(Psalm 139:1-6)

Thanking Him for His promises, true every morning ... and for the blessings of this past week: 
a productive staff meeting, God at work at our annual student Lock-In the weekend before, a daughter coming over with her two little ones, phone calls from a son in Seattle before he sailed off to the Bering Sea, texting with another son in SF, a bout with a 24-hour flu and my sweet hubby's care (always), an invitation to share about Cru High at a nearby church, new financial partners, help figuring out MailChimp for our email mailings, time for some PSE 11 video tutorials, His strength in our weaknesses, His promises, that He goes before us and He follows us (from Psalm 139).

"I am with you always ...
The fact that I am with you
makes every moment of your life meaningful."
(Jesus Calling)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful that we have the secure knowledge that He is behind and in front of us all the time....No matter what the day holds, He provides and His presence never leaves us......

    ReplyDelete