PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, January 24, 2013

January Snowmen {Forever Close}

Leaving the sweet & sentimental (and sometimes tearful) thoughts about mothering, and taking time for some January fun. Mothering opens up the doors for many creative activities with our children, and helps us take time for the simple joys of life. And staying in step with the seasons brings so many possibilities of creativity and fun.


I found this little snowman idea recently, and pinned it on my "Winter Fun" board on Pinterest - click here for the blog post I originally found it on.

My kids are all grown, but I like to have some activities on hand for my grandkids when they come over - and this is one that looked fun to try. I changed the original idea a bit, making this cute little snowman completely edible (as one of the comments on the post suggested).

Powdered Donut Snowmen Treats


Ingredients needed: chocolate graham crackers, mini white powdered donuts, pretzel sticks, Pull'n'Peel Twizzlers, mini M&Ms, chocolate wafer cookies (I used HyVee Fudge-filled Dunksters), Little Debbie Swiss Rolls, candy corn, and some white frosting to hold everything together. (Of course, use your imagination with other ingredients.)

Build your little snowman from the bottom up, using white frosting to "glue" the parts in place as needed. Your kids (or grandkids) will have great fun building this little guy, and also tasting extra pieces of the yummy ingredients along the way.

Grandkids Levi (10) and Ali (5) making their own little snowmen!

A Memory from the Past - Snowmen Chore Charts


I'm such a lover of the changing seasons (even changing the photos in my blog header with each season) - so much beauty in all of God's creation. Recently I came across these little paper snowmen in a box of January memories. From when four of our six children were at home - these little snowmen were on a bulletin board in our kitchen to show the different meal chores for our kids. (B = breakfast, L = lunch, and S = supper). We had two different sets of these, alternating every other week during the month of January. Everyone needed to help - and maybe these little snowmen made the chores a bit more fun?! 



Forever Close: The Heart of a Mother
Click here for previous posts in this series on mothering.

Linking up with:
Faith Filled Friday
I'm Lovin' It
Saturday Show & Tell
Pretty & Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment