PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, April 30, 2020

In the Kitchen: During These "Stay-at-Home" Weeks

Sharing some fun things happening in my kitchen in recent days/weeks when there has been a lot more time for cooking!



I love that food is both delicious, and also so beautiful! This is a recipe that I made for the first time recently ... Spinach and Bacon Quiche. You can find this recipe at Tastes Better from Scratch, a website where I often go to find tasty recipes.

A few little notes: I used a homemade pie crust that I had in the freezer (already rolled out in the pie pan), and also added an extra egg or two along with a little extra evaporated milk (which I used instead of the half and half that the recipe calls for). It turned out so delicious - love this recipe!


This is one of our favorite breakfast dishes, and usually gets made at least once a month here. And it's a treat for me that it's my dear hubby who makes this, as well as some other breakfast recipes! He likes to make a big pot of this (photo above) which lasts for multiple breakfasts for the two of us.

I've posted this before, but will include the recipe again here ...


Add to Plan to Eat

Cinnamon Date Oatmeal



Source: Family Favorites
Course: Breakfast
Main Ingredient: Rice & Grains
Serves: 2 or more
Ingredients
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 14 cup fructose
  • 13 cup nuts chopped
  • 1 cup dates chopped
  • 34 teaspoon salt
  • 38 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 4 12 cups water
Directions
  1. Mix all ingredients.
  2. (Can add extra dates and/or other fruit, such as frozen sliced peaches.)
  3. Boil in saucepan, stirring constantly, until thickened.
Powered by
Plan To Eat


We often prepare it with extra dates, and also some frozen sliced peaches, or other fruit. Or, it's great with the ingredients as listed. A nutritious, satisfying, and very yummy breakfast all the year through! (You can find my original post for this recipe by clicking here.)



I've also been baking a constant supply of bread here during these weeks ... enough for the two of us to always have bread on hand each day, with extra in the freezer, and also extra loaves to bless others with. I use my brand new Bosch machine (Christmas gift!), which mixes and kneads six loaves at a time. A topic for another post in the future! We love this bread!




These stay-at-home days have also prompted me to try making a few basic ingredients at home, such as this Cream of Chicken Soup. You can find the recipe by clicking here.

This can be made in bulk and frozen. It has even made a quick lunch for us a few times. Just add about 1 1/2 cups of extra milk to a single recipe, along with some extra shredded chicken.
__________


I have really been loving extra time in the kitchen these past weeks! And haven't even missed eating out for seven weeks in a row!

What have you been cooking up in your kitchen during these "stay-at-home" days/weeks?

No comments:

Post a Comment