PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ultimate Blog Party 2012

Welcome! - So glad to have you come over for a visit! I'm joining up at the Ultimate Blog Party for the first time, and look forward to connecting with other bloggers there. Would love to give you an introduction to my blog, and I'd be honored to hear from you, as well - and will head over to visit you soon, too. Enjoy your visit here!


Spring is my favorite season of the year - I just love the freshness of new life, the blossoms on our apple and peach trees, the green grass, open windows, birds chirping, and flowers blooming. But even more wonderful than the season of spring, is having a sense of springtime in our hearts that lasts all through the year. A sense of freshness and closeness in our relationship with God, where we are very aware of His love and are walking closely with Him. Where every day can feel fresh, like spring.

It's fitting that this Pursuing Heart blog came into existence two years ago, in the spring. I had been asking God for some new direction during this "empty nest" stage of life that I am in now, and through a series of events, including the encouragement of some women in our community, this place was birthed. I've journaled a lot through the years, as writing is my way of learning and growing, making the things that I read and experience a part of who I am, all for His purposes.

Little did I know two years ago, how much I would love blogging! God has given me much joy as I have followed, given me courage to share my heart in this public place, and has blessed me with connections with our own grown children here, with friends in real life, as well as with new friends that I have met here. So many unexpected blessings! Offering up to God the little seeds, soaking up His love and mercy through the joys and trials of life, and watching Him bring springtime.

My primary focus is on sharing the things that grab my heart as I spend time in God's Word, and in listening to Him. Sharing as I learn, from an overflowing heart of thanks. Also I love to share my heart as I pursue all things related to the family, and home - from my years of mothering six children, and now as a "grama" of ten sweet grandkids! Also I enjoy sharing recipes, posting about my new interest in digital scrapbooking ... and I love all the ideas and encouragement from other bloggers.

For those who are visiting here from the Ultimate Blog Party 2012, thanks for coming by! I pray that you will be refreshed and encouraged here. Here are a few samples of some of my posts from recent weeks/months:

Devotional Thoughts - In Need, Sacrifice of Thanksgiving

Recipes - Layered Salad in a Jar

Mothering - Sweet Daughters

Digital Scrapbooking - Taking Time


Photo Collage of some of my favorites in posting:

Top Left: life as a mom and grama (photo with our newest grandbaby, born just last month!)
Top Right: using my photos, especially nature photos, in devotional posts
Bottom Left: sharing life as an "empty nester" (photo from our 40th Anniversary Trip to Italy!)
Bottom Right: posts about beautiful & delicious food (photo from a family gathering last summer)


Please visit the Ultimate Blog Party 2012 to meet other bloggers, and thanks for coming by for a visit here!




14 comments:

  1. Party hopping! Nice to meet you!

    Wow, a trip to Italy. I'm sure that was a lovely experience.

    I share about my faith on my blog too. It is always a blessing to meet other Christian Sisters.

    Have a blessed day!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world I have been blogging now for three years infact I have put my blog posts into books, 2010 and 2011 as a legacy for our children. (and good friends too)
    Aren't grandchildren fun? we have six and we have been married for 38 years.
    Have a wonderful weekend and blessings to you in your blog 'party'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to come to a party ... a find a sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO - Love finding fellow grandparents at the Ultimate Blog Party! Thanks for a lovely visit. I'm looking forward to following you :) And would love to have you visit at my primary site - SandwichINK.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful blog! I really enjoyed reading your post. =) Have a wonderful day! Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to have found you on UBP, and I'm a new follower. I can identify with you in a number of ways. As a grandmother and empty nester I've also found great fulfillment in blogging this last year. God bless you as you continue to share your experiences and love for Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm visiting via UBP12. Your blog is so nice and peaceful. I also find writing cements what I learn in life and in God's Word. Many mornings I will finish my Bible reading with a blog post. Then it seems to stick and I love that! I look forward to reading the things you find in the Word!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a great blog! I will be following you! Hope you will checkout my blog as well! I am hopping over from UBP!

    http://www.hisamazingblessings.blogspot.com

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for stopping by my place! I love, love, love your blog!!! I'm your newest follower and I will most certainly be back. I think we just might have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so nice to meet you, Cherry! Congratulations on your newest grandbaby! You have a beautiful blog here. Thanks for visiting my blog, "Living for God." Hope you'll come back and visit again sometime :)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cherry! Great blog! We really enjoyed Italy too, what was your favourite city and did you get a chance to see the Vatican?
    I'm popping by from UBP2012 to say hi!
    Cheers,
    Char
    http://1epicmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Cherry! Thanks for stopping by my blog for UBP! I'm glad I came by yours too. I definitely need to try out some of your recipes. Spring is my favorite season too-seeing the sunshine makes me happy. But, here in NC summer is way too hot so Spring is perfect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Cherry, thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I love your site! I love spring too- everything just smells so good. I enjoyed your word on grace in your In Need post. I look forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What awesome pictures!! I'm looking forward to gaining wisdom for you! Many blessings!!

    ReplyDelete