PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, April 23, 2012

Attention Full


"Time is a relentless river. It rages on, a respecter of no one.
And this, this is the only way to slow time:
When I fully enter time's swift current,
enter into the current moment with the weight of all my attention ...
Weigh down this moment in time with attention full,
and the whole of time's river slows, slows, slows."
(from Selections from One Thousand Gifts)

Desiring to slow my heart and hands, and savor all of God's gifts - everyday ...

beautiful blossoms on our black locust trees
Instagram - capturing and sharing beauty
my new iPhone (early Mother's Day gift from my husband!)
iPhone apps
Lose It! - and connections as a "friend" on it with a daughter in TX 
Pepperplate - help with menu planning
Pocket Prayer Pro - love this one

a daughter and son-in-law enjoying their get-a-way trip
their two three-year-olds so good while they were gone
my father's 91st birthday
a long phone call, listening
consignment sale and lunch with a daughter and a granddaughter
farewell pot-luck for friends at church
warm connections with our small group

all these years that I've been able to be a SAHM - still loving it
empty nest years
anticipation of our coming Sabbatical and extended time off this spring/summer
celebrating 40 years of ministry
living life with my husband

being dressed in the clothing of salvation
and draped in the robe of righteousness
as a bride in her jewels

"I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God!
For He has dressed me with the clothing of salvation
and draped me in a robe of righteousness.
I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit 
or a bride in her jewels."
(Isaiah 61:10)

(Counting 1000 Gifts in 2012 #335-356)




1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have wonderful gifts listed here. 40 years of ministry... wow! So awesome. I hope you love your iphone. I do love mine... from the very first day :)

    Love the quote and the verse too... blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete