PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, April 30, 2012

Looking for Beauty


"As you walk along your life-path holding My hand,
you are already in touch with the essence of heaven: nearness to Me ...
Keep your eyes and ears fully open as you journey with Me."
(Jesus Calling)

Closing out the month of April, and entering into the new month of May. And each day is a new opportunity to keep our eyes and ears open to all that God has for us. 

And for my husband and me, we are entering into a journey that is brand new for us ~ a 30-Day Sabbatical, together with some accumulated vacation days. All a gift, celebrating 40 years of being in full-time ministry. We've never taken a journey quite like this before, and are filled with anticipation to see all that God has planned for us during the next few months. 

And before we start out on this journey on May 1st, I want to glance back over the past week and count the blessings that came from Him ...

A renewed call to pray - and asking for more ...
An app on my iPhone to help me keep track of prayer needs
Refreshing CCC Day of Prayer on Tuesday last week
"Prayer is the shortest distance between two people." (inCourage via Twitter)
"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends You, and lead me along the path of everlasting life." (Psalm 139:23-24)

Strength given in a busy week
Newsletter written and printed, stuffed and sealed
Many tasks completed in anticipation of Sabbatical
Times of feeling overwhelmed, and needing His help
Weaknesses that cause me to run to Him
"I prayed to the Lord, and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy ..." (Psalm 34:4a)

Beautiful weather
Eating outdoors for lunch and supper one day
Sweet daughter, Carrie, coming over on Thursday with Cruz and baby Eva
The sweetest of smiles from six week-old Eva
A Family Meal together on Sunday
Roasting hot dogs and s'mores around Sara & Sean's brand new fire pit

Eleven hours of driving on Saturday (photo above)
Taking my 91 year-old father to Hesston and back
All for a three hour visit with his brother, suffering from advanced Parkinsons
The blessings of spending time with my Uncle Henry & Aunt Leona
Feeling sorrow for his sufferings
And inspired by her patient love and care
Burdened to pray for them

Connecting with staff team
Sharing a meal at Ingredient - warm connections with staff women
Visit to Accelere - school for 17-20 year olds, open to SV this coming fall
Hearing the heart behind the school, uniquely designed to help make graduation a possibility

Being of one heart with my husband
Entering our Sabbatical time off together
Listening and watching for all He has for us as we journey this new path

(Counting One Thousand Gifts in 2012 #357-387)



2 comments:

  1. Blessings on your sabbatical time! We enjoyed time like that six years ago, and it was a blessing. We are planning another for August~hoping. I'm saying a prayer yours is everything God intends. Also, an iPhone prayer app? I just got an iPhone and need to look that up. I'm learning birds and trees thanks to it, but keeping track of prayer requests sounds even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 days! What a blessing! I pray that you will be refreshed and ready for more service in the kingdom.

    ReplyDelete