PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, January 31, 2020

Digital Scrapbooking: Preserving Memories

It's the end of the first month of this new year, and I'm thankful that I could take some time to preserve some of the memories from this month in the form of digital scrapbooking. A fun hobby for me ... maybe I can try to share a few pages at the end of each month during 2020?

Here are just a few of the nine pages that I have scrapbooked with January memories ...



Yes, if you read the words on this scrapbook page, you will see that we celebrated our Family Christmas in January! If it doesn't work out in December, it's just perfectly wonderful to celebrate in mid-January! I actually loved keeping our Christmas decor up into the new year, and didn't take them down until this past Monday!


We celebrated Family Christmas on Saturday, Jan. 18th! A beautiful snowfall the day before gave us a "White Christmas" that was special in every way! Four of our six (grown) children - and their families - were here in our home ... 23 of us in all! So very much fun as we had our big Christmas Dinner together, opened gifts, and played games.


What an absolute joy to have all these sweet grandkids in our home (pictured above)!! I can hardly even take in all the love and joy ... so thankful for these photos!


And this photo (above) captures our fun evening the next day, on Jan. 19th. What fun to enjoy a snack/appetizer spread together, with the amazing help of our four sweet, wonderful daughters! We played games, and also had a very special time together as family honoring our oldest granddaughter and her husband before they leave soon for Japan as long-term missionaries with World Venture. 

So many, many memories to preserve! There are no words to explain the joy of having family home, and I'm thankful for photos that help to capture the memories!

__________

Note for those who ask how I create these pages: About nine years ago I switched from paper scrapbooking, and took some online lessons from Digital Scrapper to learn how to digital scrapbook using Photoshop ElementsYou can also click here for some great tutorials on the Digital Project Life website - this is a quicker way to learn than the site that I used nine years ago. I recommend using these tutorials. Most of the page templates and digital products that I use are purchased from Digital Project LifeAlso, besides being able to share my completed pages online, I also print them out at home in 8x8 inch size to fit in the albums that I purchase from Michael's.

1 comment:

  1. Loved seeing your photos and your hobby that preserves your family legacy for generations to come.

    ReplyDelete