PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Preparing the Soil



The start of a new month always calls me to a fresh focus, a new beginning. And in the spring, freshness is everywhere. I love the fresh air, the vibrant hues of green on our trees and in our lawns, the new flower starts, and the touch of color everywhere.

Spring brings new life in our yards, our flower beds, and our veggie gardens ... 

And it all starts
with the soil. We need to
prepare the soil, till up the soil,
add the necessary nutrients
to our garden spots, our planters.

It's the first step. A garden
or a patio planter needs soil,
good soil. Healthy soil will
produce the beautiful blooms, the
fresh homegrown produce.

And in an even deeper way, in the
midst of busy days and full lives,
we do not want to neglect to care
for the soil of our hearts. 
For everything comes from the heart. 

Does my heart feel crowded? 
Am I even able to hear His whispers?
How can I make room for heart-space
this new month, each new day?

Lord, will you work up the soil of
my heart, will you add the necessary
ingredients needed for new growth?
May I make it a priority this spring,
to tend to my heart.

"Let today be a fresh beginning 
to create heart-space so that 
the garden of your life will 
begin to truly flourish." 
(Whispers and Wildflowers)

"Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it."
(Proverbs 4:23 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment