PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Friday, May 31, 2019

A Collection: In the Yard, and In the Kitchen



I absolutely love the season of spring! It's a lovely time of year, and it's a busy time of year! And here I am, on this last day of May, with a short but sweet collection of just a few of the joys of this spring season.



After multiple trips to the nursery stores in the area, we have most all of our seeds and veggie & flower plants purchased! There is nothing quite as fun as planning for and starting up new garden spots! And I'm a lucky gal, with a hubby who has a green thumb! I am slowly learning ... 




And along with the beauty outdoors, there's the beauty of food on the table. This photo shows a new main dish salad recipe that I tried out in May, using bow-tie pasta, bacon, cherry tomatoes, red onion, a bit of pepper, shredded romaine lettuce, and some parsley - mixed together with some ranch salad dressing. A taste of spring!




A brand new cast-iron dutch oven - a wonderful Mother's Day gift from my dear hubby! I love the 6-quart size, and the beauty of this one - and, of course, love how it cooks up food evenly, and also can go from stovetop to oven. I've been using it for a few recipes already, and know it will be used a lot!



It's been awhile since I've made a pie, and so was a joy to prepare this one for Easter Sunday back in April. You can't really go wrong with a pie called "Coconut Cream Meringue Pie". I'll plan to post the recipe sometime in the coming weeks. 

And now, the month of June is right around the corner ... and I'll look forward to sharing some more collections of things that bring me joy in the summer months!


No comments:

Post a Comment