PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, October 2, 2017

Quieting My Heart: Completely Abandoned to You



Lord, at the start of this new month,
I long for quiet amidst the noise,
for paying attention to the
small and the ordinary things,
for spending quiet moments with You
listening, learning, and following.

“Hear me as I pray, Lord.
Be merciful and answer me!
My heart has heard You say,
‘Come and talk with Me.’
And my heart responds,
‘Lord, I am coming.’” 
(Psalm 27:7-8)

“Only when we give all of
ourselves to God -
unedited, abandoned,
even wastefully
by the world’s standards -
can we live out who
God created us to be.”
(Sara Hagerty, in Unseen)

May all of my days -
my quiet moments
and my work hours
flow from within -
a heart full of You,
completely abandoned 
to You.


(Photo: from our weekend getaway at a Branson condo -
Fall 2017)

No comments:

Post a Comment