PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Faith: Word of the Year

Photo taken the first week of this month as we spent a few days on the beautiful Atlantic coast.

FAITH ... we hold this word as rather commonplace at times, treating it lightly, maybe even thinking that we have this faith thing figured out. We know that one must have faith to come to Christ for forgiveness, for salvation. And this is huge, the pinnacle of faith. To trust in One whom we have not seen.

And in the same way, we are called to live out our lives, and our days, with faith. Do we really realize what this means? Are we really living our days, our moments, with faith? Faith in our all-powerful, faithful GOD? 

This daily kind of faith is what I am asking God to grow me in this year; faith is my word of the year for 2016. I'll be visiting this word again and again this year, as I learn and grow, and as I hear great thoughts that give me deeper understanding.

A few of my recent thoughts on faith...

Faith = Trust

Is this what daily, moment-by-moment living in faith looks like ... living with a heart of TRUST? I love this thought, for it gives me something to hold onto. Faith can seem a bit out of reach, but I can grab onto trust.

May my first thought be to trust, instead of to worry.

May my first thoughts be His Words, instead of my own reasoning.

May life be simple: simply trusting and obeying ...

"By receiving His Spirit, recognizing and relying on Him, and obeying Him as He brings us the truth of His Word, life will become increasingly simple." (Oswald Chambers)
Maybe you are like me, and you need to be reminded and refreshed, over and over, to live with faith, with trust.

At the base of all the emotions and decisions that we are faced with, our very first thought (by the help of His Spirit within us), should grow to be to: 


Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
(Proverbs 3:5)


Lord, teach us to trust, and to obey - in the big things, and also in the daily moment-by-moment things. To take You at Your Word, to trust, to pray, to obey. 

Spirit, grow our faith, and lead us where our trust is without borders ...


"Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)"


You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

[6x]
Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

Oh, Jesus, you're my God!

I will call upon Your name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

(Hillsong UNITED)

Credit


---------------------------------------------------------------------------    

Linking up with Bonnie's OneWordCoffee linkup:











































OneWordCoffee Linkup
                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment