PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Yum-a-setta


It's my desire to write a food-related post once each week, though I don't always get it done! But it's always fun when I do have time to share one ...

This week I'm sharing a recipe that I should have shared long ago, as it is one that I have been making for years - Yum-a-Setta! It is an easy, and comforting dish. I can't remember for sure where I first found the recipe, but am thinking that it may have even been from a newspaper article.

This dish freezes well, too, and now that there are just two of us at home, I still make the full pan, and then divide up what is left into meal-sized portions, putting them in the freezer. Yum-a-setta is on the menu here in our home for supper tonight - a prepared meal from the freezer! My daughters and I have included it on some of our Freezer Meal Days, too. 


Print Recipe

Yum-a-setta


Course: Main Dish/Beef
Serves: 6

Ingredients

  • 1 12 lbs ground beef
  • salt to taste
  • pepper to taste
  • brown sugar little
  • 14 onion chopped
  • 1 can tomato soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup 
  • 1 16-oz pkg egg noodles (about 6 cups dry)
  • 1 8 oz. pkg processed cheese

Directions

  1. Brown hamburger with salt, pepper, brown sugar, and onion.
  2. Add tomato soup to beef mixture.
  3. Cook egg noodles; drain.
  4. Add cream of chicken soup to egg noodles.
  5. Layer hamburger mixture and noodle mixture in casserole dish with processed cheese between layers.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour.

Powered by
Plan To Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment