PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Present, in the Moment


There is only one way to live, to really live. There is only one way to be fully present, and that is, to be fully present in the moment

I often spend countless time in the past, and also in the future. And though it is good to remember the past, and to plan for the future, the only place I can actually be present, is in the present. In the present moment. 

I am captured by thoughts ...
thoughts of now, in the present, this moment.

For there is only way we live ...
we cannot live in the past, again;
we cannot live in the future, ever.

We can only live in the present. Now.

If we can only live now,
then let me live fully now ...
not regretting the past,
nor fearing the future.

Completely embracing the present ... 
the present moment.

Holding nothing back ...
giving my full love,
my  complete attention,
my best efforts,
using my creativity,
living out who I am 
without reserve.

Alive
reflecting my Creator,
in the moment.
My only responsibility,
my only care ...
this moment.

_____________________________________


"Though I am unlimited by time, 
it is in the present moment that I meet you. 
Refresh yourself in My company, 
breathing deep droughts of My Presence.
 The highest level of trust is to 
enjoy Me moment by moment."

Let me hear of Your unfailing love
each morning,
for I am trusting You.
Show me where to walk,
for I give myself to You.
(Psalm 143:8 NLT)

You make known to me the path of life;
in Your presence
there is fullness of joy;
at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
(Psalm 16:11 ESV)

_____________________________________


Loving Lord, You know all of my moments, You know my tendency to dwell in the past, to hurry towards the future. And all along, You are in the present - ready, waiting, desiring to meet me where You are. In the present. Give me grace to fully live each moment, with You.


For more posts on this topic:
FIRST LOVE: What We Are Made For


Linking up with:
Bonnie at Beloved Brews

No comments:

Post a Comment