This recipe caught my attention recently, especially as I don't have very many pasta salad recipes that I regularly use. I like the addition of the strips of ham and salami, and also of lettuce - to a pasta salad. We tried it out, and decided it is one that we will be using again - we loved it!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, small minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups spiral pasta uncooked
- 1 red onion, small halved and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces provolone cheese cubed
- 2 ounces deli ham thinly sliced, cut into strips (2/3 cup)
- 2 ounces hard salami thinly sliced, cut into strips (2/3 cup)
- 5 cups lettuce shredded
- 1 tomato, large coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- In a small bowl, whisk the first five ingredients until blended.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; rinse with cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine onion, cheese, meats and pasta.
- Just before serving, add lettuce and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.
- Note: This Taste of Home recipe also called for 3/4 cup sliced pepperoncini (which I left out).