PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Meat Loaf Miniatures {Freezer Fare}


This is a great freezer meal recipe. On our last Freezer Meal Day, three of our daughters and I doubled this recipe, and made up 6 pounds of ground beef into these delicious little miniature meat loaves. They were easy to prepare for the freezer, a fast and delicious main dish for future meals.

Meat Loaf Miniatures

1 cup ketchup
3 to 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground mustard
2 eggs, beaten
4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3 cups Crispix cereal, crushed
3 teaspoons onion powder
1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 pounds lean ground beef

In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Remove 1/2 cup for topping; set aside. Add the eggs, Worcestershire sauce, cereal, and seasonings to remaining ketchup mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes. Crumble beef over cereal mixture and mix well.

Press meat mixture into 18 muffin cups (about 1/3 cup each). Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Drizzle with reserved ketchup mixture; bake 10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink (and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees).

Serve desired number of meat loaves. Cool remaining loaves, then freeze. Once they are frozen, transfer to freezer bags; seal and freeze for up to 3 months.

To use frozen meal loaves: Completely thaw in the refrigerator. Place loaves in a greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees until heated through, or cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through.

Yield:  1 1/2 dozen

Click here to print recipe from the Taste of Home website.

Linking up with:
Tasty Tuesday
I'm Lovin It
Feasting in Fellowship
Friday Flair

3 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I'll have to try them soon. I am your newest follower. I hope you'll stop by Posed Perfection for a visit soon and maybe even a follow back. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meatloaf is a meal I never think of making and then when I do I always think "why don't i make this more often!" lol.....love the minis!

    Thanks for linking up! I featured your recipe in my wrap up http://tidymom.net/2012/family-freindly-dinner-recipe-roundup/

    Have a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to know what the yummy looking yellow side you served is!

    ReplyDelete