PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chocolate Pudding Pizza

Life has been full, and it's been awhile since I've taken the time to post a recipe here. I've missed it, and it's time for another one! This is an easy, fun recipe. I made it a few weeks ago when we celebrated the 10 Year mark from when my husband was in a horrible accident. We put two numeral candles (10) in the middle of the pizza dessert to celebrate, as we gathered as a family to remember the miracle God did in preserving my husband's life and bringing him back to health.


Ingredients:

1 pkg (17 1/2 ounces) peanut butter cookie mix
1 carton (12 ounces) softened cream cheese
1 3/4 cups cold milk
1 pkg (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

Prepare cookie mix dough according to package directions.
Press into a greased 12-inch pizza pan.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until set; cool.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Spread over crust.
In another mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Spread over the cream cheese layer.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with chips.
Chill for 1-2 hours.

Yield:  Makes one pizza - enough for 12 servings

(I used a slightly larger package of peanut butter crust, as it was on a special sale. And I also used half the amount of whipped topping that it called for.)



I love how this fun dessert looks ... and it tastes delicious!

(Click here to print this recipe from the Taste of Home website.)

Linking up at Delightful Order, I'm Lovin' It, Ultimate Recipe Swap
























No comments:

Post a Comment