PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Storing Up Treasures

Photo Source

"Store your treasures in heaven,
where moths and rust cannot destroy,
and thieves do not break in and steal.
Wherever your treasure is,
there the desires of your heart will also be."
(Matthew 6:20-21)

"Every time you affirm your trust in Me, you put a coin in My treasury. Thus you build up equity in preparation for days of trouble." (Jesus Calling)

How do I store up treasures in heaven?
By loving,
by caring about the things that God cares about,
by serving others,
by obeying His promptings,
by loving even our enemies,
~ and also ~
by trusting Him,
by spending time feeding on His Words,
by depending on Him instead of on my own sufficiency,
by giving Him my thanks (for the big things and also for the little every day things that are easy to take for granted),
by pouring our hearts out to Him, leaving our cares with Him (instead of worrying),
by giving Him praise for all He does and all He is.

"Practice trusting Me during quiet days, when nothing much seems to be happening. Then when storms come, your trust balance will be sufficient to see you through." (Jesus Calling)

Thinking this morning about treasures, and what it means to store up treasures in heaven. Thanking Him for new thoughts and insight. Desiring to store up treasures that last for all time. And needing Him more with each passing day ...


Linking up with On Your Heart Tuesdays


2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by from "On Your Heart". Great post about where my treasures should be....'cause there's where my heart is, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh this was PERFECT for my late afternoon visit! YES!!!!! It's perfect and exactly what I needed to be reminded of!

    ReplyDelete