PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Monday, January 9, 2012

He Calls Us Friends



"I have called you friends ... "
(John 15:15)

"True friendship - identifying with someone in thought, heart, and spirit. The whole experience of life is designed to enable us to enter into this closest relationship with Jesus Christ." (My Utmost for His Highest)

"Those who remain in Me, and I in them, 
will produce much fruit.
For apart from Me you can do nothing."
(John 15:5)

"The bearing of fruit is always shown in Scripture to be the visible result of an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ." (My Utmost for His Highest)

Thanking God for the indescribable privilege of being His "friends", for the joy of walking together with Him throughout each day ... and joining with others in taking the JOY DARE for 2012, watching for all the gifts that He gives ~

For the closest of friendships ~
For Jesus, making it possible for us to walk closely with God.
His promises - "pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over." (Psalm 12:6)
Closer than any other - "Once we get intimate with Jesus we are never lonely, and we never lack for understanding or compassion." (My Utmost for His Highest)
His Words - new and fresh every day.
The book, Jesus Calling, calling me deeper into this intimate friendship.
That this Friend is strong where we are weak.
For this strength experienced as my husband and I shared about a difficult time in our lives during our pastor's message yesterday - and all the praise to Him for being our strength in this hard time we shared about.

For the little daily joys He gives ~
The purchase of more memory for my laptop - going from 1GB to 4GB - amazing!
PhotoShop Elements working so much faster - perfect for digital scrapbooking.
Cameras - able to capture special moments, and the joys of life.
A digital picture frame (a gift) - holding memories of our Trip to Italy.
Eating out "at home" for our Date Night - with P.F. Chang's (one of their freezer meals purchased at the grocery store).

For the gift of family ~
The happy chatter of grandkids - a grandson and a granddaughter over one morning.
Phone calls, emails, texts from those we love.
A little grandson turning three, on the same day his parents celebrated their 7th anniversary!
The cutest tractor cake they made for him ...


Sharing a yummy meal together with family - 


The beauty of food - a gift from God for us to enjoy, and to share together.

Thank You, Lord, for all these gifts (and more) from this past week ~ and that we can continually pour out our hearts to You as we enter a new week. Walking closely with You ...


The JOY DARE for 2012 ~ #1-21

(Starting fresh with my counting of One Thousand Gifts - From November of 2010 to the end of 2011 I counted 856 gifts. And this year 2012 starting anew, on my way to 1000 for 2012! Do you want to join in? Read this blog post by Ann Voskamp to read more about it, and to download the January Joy Dare.)

Linking up at Multitudes on Mondays


2 comments:

  1. Always enjoy my warm visits here, Cherry. I like the way you organized your gratitude. When there's a lot to count, it's nice to capture them in categories! Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet post, Cherry. That tractor cake is amazing. You are one blessed woman with so many children and grandchildren surrounding you. Joining with you in the dare and transforming my mind as I seek His many blessings all around me......

    ReplyDelete