PAGES: MAIN TOPICS I WRITE ON

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Following

Photo Source

"To walk along the path of freedom, you must keep your mind firmly fixed on Me.
Be content to be a simple sheep, listening for My voice and following Me.
I will lead you into green pastures and guide you along paths of righteousness."
(Jesus Calling)

"The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
He leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength. 
He guides me along right paths, 
bringing honor to His Name."
(Psalm 23:1-3)

These words that I read last week keep coming back to me. Sometimes we can get caught up in the busyness of life, and make this following a complicated thing. But it is so simple - it is listening, and then following. 

Lord, help us to be like sheep - 
resting, staying close, 
listening to our Shepherd's voice, 
and following. 

No comments:

Post a Comment